Sunday 20 July 2014

Over-holing - (insert scream here)!


Is it just me?

Am I secretly OCD?

I was in a rush today and was quickly printing my weekly work schedule in colour and then grabbed my hole punch to put it into my A5 planner ready for a busy week.

I lined up the page.
Eye-balled the position so it was even on both sides.
Quickly punched the paper.
Put back the punch and opened the rings.
Huh?
The holes did not match!
I had left the punch in Pocket-sized ring space!
Ahhhhhhh!
No time to reprint the pages!
Grabbed the punch
Yanked it back to A5 hole spaces.
SNAP!!
Punched in the right holes.
Flung the paper into my binder.
Walked off muttering.

Spent the best part of the day staring at the redundant holes.
It irritates me.
It shouldn't.
But it does.

Spent the rest of the day deliberating on whether to reprint the page and re-punch.
It just doesn't look right.
Realistically, the page works just as well.
....but it will stare at me for the rest of the week.

Decisions, decisions.

First World problem.

Irritated!

KFROZ




UPDATE: It's Friday and I suffered through the week with the redundant holes still there. I made it! Honestly, I just had to overcome my irritation. High-Five for me! But next week I will DOUBLE CHECK before I punch. Lesson learned. And, (if you excuse the wordplay) it was better than redoing the (w)hole thing again!


8 comments:

  1. I am screaming with you on this one... really need to get a grip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, just very recently had exactly the same "issue" with punching quite a bunch of printouts for my A5 planner… Am totally with you :D :)

    Btw: Absolutely awesome work on the Spiraldex - just stumbled across it recently by chance, and think it's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noooo, you aren't the ONLY one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain! I made a lovely decorated flyleaf today for a Pocket size FC planner. I lined up to the centre mark on my Rapesco but of course, the centre mark is for personal sized spacing so my holes were out of line and I had to do them again. Now I have 2 sets and it's bugging beyond belief. I'm going to HAVE to cover them somehow :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yeah. That would bother me, too. I would probably have to re-print those pages the first chance I go. So no - it's not just you being OCD. It's a bunch of us being OCD. You would die if you saw my daughter's planner. She uses Fish Fish Life Mapping pages and when she cuts the pages, she's not very careful about having them line up correctly. She doesn't care a bit but it drives me nuts to even see the pages. I want to rip them out and re-print them. If I had time, I'd probably offer to print them for her. OCD? Of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG !! I salute you, I could NOT live with that. Would have to do the whole lot again before I set foot outside the house !

    ReplyDelete
  7. UPDATE: It's Friday and I suffered through the week with the redundant holes still there. I made it! Honestly, I just had to overcome my irritation. High-Five for me! But next week I will DOUBLE CHECK before I punch. Lesson learned. And, (if you excuse the wordplay) it was better than redoing the (w)hole thing again!

    ReplyDelete